Thursday, January 26, 2012

Do you want objective information on BIM?

The last time i read a book about my profession was in 2007 and it was for my thesis! Since then I have been more into internet search! But i was not happy with it at all! Yes, internet is an limitless ocean of information but majority of them is not reliable. Most of the time, I read the online articles, blogs etc with a "Sherlock Holmes" look on my face! "Is this information correct or are they trying to manipulate me" is the question which is flying in my head while scrolling. Last week, I received a book called BIM Handbook. The writers are quite well known in the BIM industry? Chuck Eastman, Paul Teicholz, Rafael Sacks and Kathleen Liston. Well, I have to congratulate the writers for the pure language they used and also being quite objective! Although the BIM topic is not the most entertaining topic, the book is still flowing easily! For the first time after long years, I am not feeling being manipulated by the things i am reading! If you are new to BIM and looking for objective information thisnis the book I would recommend! Here comes a more detailed review about it http://www.aecbytes.com/review/2008/BIMHandbook.html Have a great weekend! Diyane Koseoglu www.bimes.com

1 comment: